Do you want to join our team?
As a VDC Manager, you will lead the coordination process of an entire project, being the link between the CG and subcontractors. You can perform your work remotely or on-site, depending on the client's requirements.
As a VDC Manager, you add value to the coordination among the different trades, by setting the BIM rules, workflow and its requirements, working hand by hand with the construction team on-site, anticipating any conflicts that might occur before construction, and proposing solutions based on your technical background.
The role of a VDC Manager is essential to ensure the coordination process is always ahead of the construction schedule, avoiding delays and non-expected issues on site.
- Be the contact point between the client (GC) and the subcontractors.
- Host BIM Coordination meetings.
- Generate clash detection and analyze the interferences among the different trades. Propose possible solutions to the conflicts.
- Keep track of the consumed hours and detect possible deviations that can affect the coordination process.
- Have the scope of work clear to detect easily additional tasks that can be requested eventually by the client.
What will you do on a day-to-day basis?
- Generate the BEP document that is key during all the coordination processes.
- Set agenda for BIM Coordination Meetings.
- Host BIM coordination meetings and 1:1 meetings with subcontractors/client/design team.
- Combine subcontractors' BIM models into Navisworks and detect interferences (create viewpoints).
- Ensure the subcontractors address the necessary modifications to get a clash-free model.
- Control the coordination process schedule to identify possible deviations.
- Provide necessary information to submit RFIs.
- Review RFI responses and addendums/ASIs/bulletins to make sure the models reflect the changes.
- Model audit.
- Generate Federated model (NWD), Issue Log and sign-off documents.
- Generate 4D simulation (if required).
What do you need to be successful?
- Architectural, Civil Engineering or related Degree .
- 3+ years of professional experience in BIM.
- Professional English fluency to host meetings with the client and subcontractors.
Software/ Technical skills:
- Advanced skills in the use of Navisworks software (Synchro software is a plus) for clash detection and 4D simulation purposes.
- Advanced skills in the use of BIM 360 (BIM Collaboration).
- Good skills in the use of Revit and AutoCAD to validate information, navigate the models/ drawings, etc.
- Experience in the MEP+FP field to keep a professional discussion with the client and subcontractors, to propose solutions, estimate the efforts for coordination purposes, detect deviations rapidly, assist the GC with RFIs presentation, act as a moderator in the meetings, etc.
- Be familiarized with BIM requirements, BEP documents.
Professional/ Management skills:
- Autonomy to make decisions, control the progress of the coordination process and use the available hours efficiently.
- Problem-solving and good communication skills.
- Capacity to distribute and control the tasks for a small team, if necessary.