Want to join our team?
Our team is expanding and we are looking for a Technical Manager for our Architecture services team. This individual will be responsible for technical assurance of our deliverables, staff training listening to customer feedback, advising on our services and industry trends, and serving as a coordinator to drive our services product roadmap.
Responsibilities for this role are split evenly between a commercial focus interfacing with our customers and offering the Architecture team guidance on management, quality of our deliverables and team structure. At the end of the day, our Technical Managers are both internal and external experts. They deeply understand our production processes and deliverables, but are also able to technically navigate a commercial consulting relationship directly with our customers.
This role also coordinates operational work and helps with escalating quality issues. This person is also responsible for providing updates, assisting with quality assurance reviews, and training to the Development team.
What you will do on a day to day basis
- Advise the product team on best practices for a specific project, technology, or process by applying subject expertise in evaluating or recommending suitable technical solutions such as:
- Improve organizational efficiency by applying their expert knowledge to resolve complex challenges.
- Overseeing the development, testing, and implementation of technical solutions.
- Prescribing processes that help our team consistently and efficiently perform their tasks.
- Defining procedures or standards for our Architecture services group.
- Consulting across business operations, providing mentorship, and contributing specialized knowledge.
- Identifying areas where technical solutions would improve our customer’s efficiency or capabilities.
- Align company values with a strategic vision for growth and development.
- Develop training materials as needed for new and existing employees.
- Ensuring accurate representation of expertise prior to the distribution of technical solutions to end-users.
- Work with VP of Customer Success as a 1:1 technical expert between existing customers and our sales engineering team to respond to potential projects or opportunities.
- Provide an estimate of required production efforts for specific customer projects’ needs. Help the Sales Engineering team with pricing.
- Conduct periodic business reviews with existing customers to find new areas for improvement for our team, and to advise the client on new ways we can work together.
- Work with sales representatives to on-board new customers by deeply understanding their project needs and ensuring our technical team has the capabilities to deliver.
What you need to be successful
The ideal candidate will be highly self-motivated with the core priorities of anticipating, organizing, and prioritizing needs. This individual must be confident and extremely flexible, shifting projects and priorities as they come, have a collaborative attitude, be exceptionally organized, multi-task efficiently, have strong communication skills, and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Architectural, Civil Engineering or related degree.
- 5+ years of experience working with CDs (Construction Documents)
- Ideally to have experience working in a BIM environment.
- Experience in Architectural Projects coordination and documentation.
- Extremely organized and have high attention to detail.
- Communication skills have always been your strong suit.
- Strong sense of urgency and able to take the initiative.
- Approachable and dependable.
- Work effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment changing priorities.
- Anticipation - you constantly look ahead to identify and navigate roadblocks before they escalate.
- Time management comes naturally to you - working autonomously is your preference.